A few small problems

The Tuniac forum.
Harteex

A few small problems

Post by Harteex »

Hey

I have a few small problems and possible improvements.

* Would be nice to be able to use the quite standard F2 key to rename playlists

* If you chose show currently playing, and you're in a different playlist, both the old and the new playlist would appear selected. Happens on clicking song title, chosing in the menu and CTRL-L.

* If you're playing in a playlist and use Play next / Queue in another playlist or media library, then it doesn't work. Also if you play a song in the media library, and use Play next / Queue in a playlist, it will play the correct song, but it will play it in the media library, not in the playlist.
Brett
Site Admin

Re: A few small problems

Post by Brett »

I am going to work on the queue. I noticed a few days ago it has all kinds of querks and bugs.

I'll also look into the others after the queue system is fixed :p
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

f2 is standard in what for what? Give me a good case and I will probably do it :p

The double select playlist was easy and is now fixed in the code on my machine

The queuing in another playlist has a huge flaw. The queue does not save what playlist the queue belonged to. Tuniac also does not give playlists a unique ID for use with things like what playlist might have queued the file. In a nut shell Tuniac currently just tries to play the file in the current active playlist if it can, it has no logic or ability to remember where the queue came from.
I could add unique ID's to playlists and store that in the playlist, history and queue managers but it has the side effect of a db change which will mean every users db will be reset. I think this is my only real answer though.
The other choice is to prohibit queuing from a non active playlist and dumping the queue on a active playlist change.

While playing with the code I have fixed a crash on track change if you queued the same song more than once. You can queue whatever file(including the currently playing) as many times as you like now. Also the history and queue managers store/use just the songs unique ID instead of the entire file entry in the ML.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

F2 is the standard windows rename file key. Also, I use an application called Spotify (music streaming application, very popular over here) and it has F2 bound as rename (for playlists).

I feel it would be great to support queuing in multiple playlists, since I often jump back and forth between them. But yea, having to rebuild the db isn't something you want to do often. Maybe wait with this for a while, I guess there could be other things as well which would require this at some point, so then you could do it at the same time.
Also, maybe it would be nice to have version management of the db, and keep older loading code for a while, to be able to load and convert old versions of the db's.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

http://wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

Some half big changes internally. I have tested lots but still expect things to be broken. Let me know about any weirdness.

Changes so far:

Sep, 2010
---------
-f2 will start rename of selected playlist
-delete playlist will not stop playback until after confirmed delete
-fixes to queue manager. Allows multiple add of songs, adding current song, temp skip current filtered files and much more.
-fixes to futurelist manager to better keep track of whats coming
-disable queuing files in non active playlist
-clear queue on active playlist change
-possible slight memory and speed benefits with changes to history, queue and futurelist managers. Most likely unnoticeable on any current machine :)
-deselect current playlist selecting when selecting playlist for show currently playing

Note: queue manager can store filtered files indefinitely. Eg you queued a file then filter it out of the playlist before it was played, the file will remain in the queue inactive. Weeks later when you remove the filter and the file becomes "valid" again, it will still be in your queue.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Thanks.

I noticed that if the current playlist is selected and you press go to currently playing, it will simply deselect all playlists and end up with none selected.

I also noticed something else (quite minor though), when you change to a playlist and then back again, the scrollbar position is not preserved for that playlist, unless you go to a playlist with as many songs as the other playlist.

Haven't noticed any weird behavour so far.
Brett wrote:100915
-possible slight memory and speed benefits with changes to history, queue and futurelist managers. Most likely unnoticeable on any current machine :)
Always nice with more speed, it's one of the things I really like about Tuniac :)
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

-Fix playlist selection (again :p)
-Fixes history and futurelist menus not playing correct songs
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

-Fix popup notify selection of future songs
-rename and change *lots* of things internally
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

I've also started playing around with Tuniac in Windows 7.
I attached Tuniac on the taskbar / quicklaunch area. But when tuniac is running and in tray, it won't appear when you press it. Would be good to bring up Tuniac from tray when you try to start it and it's running.

I also googled around a bit for Tuniac and found a few security issues reported for example:
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detai ... -2009-4867
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/42569

Are these fixed?
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

I for the life of me cant find any Windows API to catch when a pinned taskbar icon for an already running app is clicked. I have tried everything I can think of and none work.
Find me docs for it and I'll add it.

I had fixed half the security bug(adding m3u/pls) and have now fixed the other half(setting the Window title).
It wasn't much a worry, all newer Windows randomize the memory allocation so buffer overflow attacks and such are much much less likely to be an issue.

Also fixed removing files from ML which I introduced a few builds back. If you deleted any files with builds in this thread before now it is likely your DB is screwed.

http://wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/